Plan Your Wedding Day
9 to 12 months ahead
- Book your Wedding Reception venue
- Visit your Parish Priest or Minister, and book the Church / Civil Ceremony
- Pick the Bridesmaids, Best Man and Ushers;
- Compile Wedding Guest and Evening Guest Lists;
- Hire Morning Suits;
- Book Photographer
- Arrange the Organist/Choir
- Reserve Evening Entertainment ~ we can help you with this
- Select the Flowers for the Bride’s Bouquet and organise the other Wedding Flowers;
- Reserve overnight accommodation for any Guests wishing to stay at the hotel the night prior to the wedding, night of the wedding, and night after the wedding.
6 months ahead
- Arrange Wedding Dress Fittings and also the Bridesmaids’ attire;
- Book Wedding Cars;
- Order your Wedding Cake/purchase the Rings;
- Order Wedding Stationery for Ceremony and Reception/organise Wedding Gifts Lists;
- Post Wedding Invitations (include directions to the Church / Civil Ceremony / Reception, and details on accommodation options for your guests.
- Book Honeymoon.
3 months ahead
- Confirm Reception details with Hotel;
- Buy Gifts for your Attendants;
- Book final appointment with Hairdresser;
- Check that all Wedding attire is nearing the fitting stage.
2 months ahead
- Make a list of Acceptances and Refusals as received;
- Confirm final number of Guests to Hotel;
- Confirm final accommodation numbers to the Hotel.
1 month ahead
- Prepare Speakers and Speeches;
- Ascertain any Special Menu requirements;
- Decide on Table Layout and Seating arrangements.
1 week ahead
- Make final checks on Hotel, Cake, Transport, Flowers and Photography and similar.
- Over-prepare and everything will go right!
- Have a Wedding Rehearsal.