Plan Your Wedding Day
The first step a couple need to take is to look at possible venues and choose a date. Once you have a chosen date we recommend you do in the following order.
- If you are having a Church ceremony, check with parish office to see if the date is available. The same is applicable if you are having a civil/humanist/spiritual ceremony. You don’t want to discover that the priest or celebrant you would like to have officiate over your special day not available.
- A couple getting married are required to give notification in person of their intention to marry to a Registrar at least three months before the intended date of marriage. The notification can be given to any Registrar. View further details.
- Glenlo Abbey Hotel has been approved for Civil Marriages in Galway and couples can get married legally on the grounds of the hotel.
- The HSE registrars will only officiate ceremonies Monday to Friday.
- All other celebrants are flexible and will also perform ceremonies at weekends.