The Glenlo Abbey Hotel is part of a 138 acre lake side estate which incorporates the Glenlo Abbey Golf Course.
Cycling on the Estate
Enjoy a cycle ride around Glenlo Abbey Estate with views overlooking Lough Corrib and the rugged landscape into Connemara.
Make use of our estate bicycles, complimentary to our hotel residents. We can arrange a picnic for you, to get away from it all and take advantage of the 138 acres.
Galway City Cycling Tours
Take a cycle tour of Galway City with Galway City Cyle Tours. . Starting in Salthill, you will cycle to the Famine Monument and Nimmos Pier. Cutting through the west you visit the home of actor and author Walter Macken and continue onto the beautiful and peaceful Eglington canal before entering the grounds of the National University of Ireland Galway.
Cycling in Connemara
Connemara is known for its wild, rugged and “savage beauty”-(Oscar Wilde).
With our unique location, only 4 miles from Galway, yet we have the beautiful Connemara just on our doorstep. Choose from a number of nearby cycles. We can arrange for you to be collected here at Glenlo Abbey Hotel where you can choose from a number of nearby cycles, depending on what level or distance you wish to travel.
Easy: Moycullen to Oughterard 24km/ 15 miles
Easy to Moderate: Moycellen to Spiddal and Glenlo Abbey 36km / 23 miles
Moderate: Oughterard - via Shanaghfeistin - Maam Cross 57km/ 35 miles
Cycling in Connemara, 2 Night Package
Take advantage of our unique location on the doorstep to Connemara and enjoy a Cycling Package to include:
- Two Nights accommodation in a Classic King Room or Twin Room
- Start your day with a sumptous breakfast served in the elegant surroundings of the Riverroom Restaurant each morning.
- Meet your cycling guide, who will arrange bicycles and route maps. Choose from three route options with drop off and collection included.
- Take in the wild and rugged Connemara scenery and enhance your cycle with trips to local cultural experiences enroute, such as Aughnanure Castle, Brigits Celtic Gardens or Cnoc Suain a 17th century Connemara Clochán (Additional fees & pre-booking may apply)
- Return to the hotel for Dinner on one evening of choice aboard the Pullman Restaurant.
- Check-out at your leisure