Fishing on Glenlo Abbey Estate
Located on the shores of Lough Corrib, Glenlo Abbey Hotel is the perfect base for a fishing trip when in the West of Ireland.
Our team are happy to assist you in planning such an activity. Guided fishing ghillie packages can be arranged directly at reception. Fishing rods and life jacket provided, just bring you own raingear.
Lough Corrib offers a plentiful supply of Trout, Salmon, Pike, Perch and Bream making it a haven for the keenest of fishermen or ladies!
The ideal activity while on a relaxing break in the West of Ireland or as part of a team building or incentive group, fishing on Lough Corrib can be a full or half day activity.
Learn how to tie your own flies, cast your rod, and learn what is precious to all fishermen……Patience.
For lunch, why not stop off at one of the 365 Islands of the Corrib. At Inchagill, one of the largest islands on the lake, you can explore the remnants of a Monastery dating back some 500 years. The famous Guinness Family used to shoot Pheasant and other Game in Inchagill, while the towering trees and Fauna of the Island will make you think you are a million miles from anyone.
- Check in at your leisure and relax in the comfort of your room with pillow topped beds, duck down duvets and Egyptian cotton sheets.
- Half Day Fishing with our Award Winning Gilley on Lower Lough Corrib, depart from jetty on the grounds of our 140 acre estate.
- Packed Lunch to include home-baked breads and local artisan products
- Return that evening and Chef will prepare your Catch of the Day as you like it!
- Breakfast on both mornings in the River Room Restaurant.