Golf Course Redevelopment
- The course has undergone extensive redevelopment in the last year and final works are alomst completed to bring the course back to its former glory.
- The golf course has been restored to a traditional 9 hole layout. In the past, each hole had two greens. Our new Greenkeeper and Golf Pro have collaborated on which green was the most unique and challenging for each hole and an extensive renovation of these greens was implemented. The old greens have been reintegrated into rough and fairways and also serve to frame the newly restored greens.
- Tee Box restoration has been completed and now boasts a Championship, Men's and Ladies’ Tee.
- Natural water hazards have been dredged and exposed around the course. 7 of the 9 holes boast a water hazard. The rough has clearly defined first and secondary cuts.
- Areas along the river have been removed of weeds and overgrowth, offering golfers the opportunity to gaze upon the beauty of Lough Corrib as they play their round.
- The driving range has been upgraded to 21 bays: 9 covered bays and 12 outdoor bays.
- The Driving Range is fully floodlit for night-time practice.
- The newly-built elevated putting green is now completed.